How do I do a manual slide show in iPhoto?

msagal

Registered
Hello,

I want to do a manual slide show in iPhoto 1.1.1. This doesn't seem to be at all straightforward. First, there's no direct support for this in the Slide Show dialog. Second, when you register to download iPhoto 1.1.1, Apple sends you some undocumented keyboard shortcuts including some for the Slide Show feature.

Space Bar: Pauses/resumes slide show
Arrow Up: Makes the slide show go faster in 1 second
increments
Arrow Down: Makes the slide show go slower
Arrow Left: Pauses the slide show and goes back one slide
Arrow Right: Pauses the slide show and goes forward one slide

Arrow Up and Down work as documented. Space bar pauses but doesn't keep the current slide visible--you get a black screen. I've been playing with the left and right arrows and I can't make rhyme nor reason to what they do. Occasionally it will stop the show but when I press the right arrow key to continue it jumps to the next slide, displays it for the briefest of moments, and then it disappears.

All I want to do is do a slide show completely manually. I want to click the Slide Show button and have it go to the first slide and stay there until I hit the right arrow key to go to the next slide and so on.

Any ideas?

Murray =:)

I haven't managed to do it in iPhoto, but you can drag all your photos to Graphic Converter and use its' Slide Show... you can set it to change slides with a mouse click.

Yes, Graphic Converter's Slide Show feature works great. I use it all the time too. Still, I'm hoping there's a way to do this in iPhoto.

Thanks.

Murray =:)

Back