How do manage all of your passwords?

JPigford

I'm awesome...seriously..
I've got probably 50-75 different passwords for all of the sites I manage in addition to login info for different services.

How do you manage all of your passwords?

why don'y you just use 1 or 2 passwords for all your sites.

most of mine are the same, and when i want a bit more security i use another password.

btw, is that a pic of you in your display?

I do that for some but at the same time, I don't like the feeling that if somebody figures out one password they might have access to 15 of my sites.

And no, that's a pic of Napoleon Dynamite :)

i have them written on a peice of paper that i keep under my keyboard at home. this way i can't loose it, and i also let my broswer remember and log in automacticly when i visit the site. and i just remember the couple that i visit the most.

I use Vault. I like it because it allows you to store free-form information for each item, in rich text format. Also, it lets you maintain multiple password vaults, so I have one for work and personal.

i picked up this tip from steve gibson's (and leo laporte) podcast, and i've been starting to implement it. think of a password algorythm, of sorts, that changes with each domain name. for instance, you could do:
first two letters of domain + birth year + remaining + address...so like:

go1979ogle150
ya1979hoo150
ms1979n150 (hahaha, sorry).

i thought it was a pretty good tip.

I made an encrypted disk image with Disk Utility,
then i made a text file with all of my passwords
and put it in the disk image.

Like seika7, I use Password Master and I have 136 software serial numbers and 152 passwords stored in it. But there is a free option in OS X called Keychain Access which is found in the Utility folder. With Keychain Access you can create a new password protected keychain and store "Secure Notes" in it instead of password. I will not effect normal keychain operation and is very secure.

I've installed Passwords Plus and it works great for me. I can type in any private info that I want to and access it easily - bank no's, passwords, credit cards, membership info, whatever. It locks itself to others but opens for me with just the one password that I need to remember to open it. All the rest of them I find there inside the folders. Helen

Back