How Many MP3's do you have?

RGrphc2

...InSaNe...
I'm just curious on how much music everybody has on their iTunes/iPods or whatever music player you are using on their PC. Nobody buys CD's anymore music nowadays is all digital. So how much do you have?

For instance i have : 3494 Songs, 9.5 Days, 13.15GB of Music on iTunes on my Desktop. 260 Songs, 16.1 hours, 995.4MB on my laptop

How much do you have?

2,507 songs, 704 days, 11.48GB in iTunes.

I don't have an iPod... Santa hasn't brought it to me yet, and I've got this damn 1.8" auxiliary jack on the face of my car stereo that I've been itching to use for 4 years now!

About 30 GB on an external hard drive. 7 GB on Powerbook, 12 GB on iPod, 2 GB on iPod mini .. not all the same. Various backups, eg about 50 CDs of digital music .. (mp3 or aac). Total music in this house .. must be interesting, 6 people as geek as I am, so from January the musics of this house will be stored in an XServe RAID & XSan ...
And bf has a nice amount of music too. My ex had/has about 60 GB ripped music of his CDs. And a coworker of the actual bf has 200 GB of ripped music of his. :D

About 40 CDs worth lol :)
Not all of them are in iTunes (some backed up on data CDs) because I dont often listen to movie scores :D

1120 songs 4 days 7 hours 19 minutes 23 seconds 4.78 GB
70% bought/ripped from CD 20% ripped from friends CDs 10% p2p because there is no posable way for me to get them (i.e. European techno that isn't sold anymore)

RGrphc2 said:
Nobody buys CD's anymore music nowadays is all digital.

call me old school, but all my music is from my own CDs that I DO still buy.

now to answer your question, roughly 6000 tracks (450ish CDs), but i have them in MP3 form at 320kps and also in M4A form also at 320 and then again in AIF form. These occupy almost all of two 200 gig drives.

I know you will wonder why i have them in three formats and the short answer is because it depends on where i want to listen to the music.

I buy CDs when abroad with music that I cannot find in the USA.
After I RIP them into my iTunes, they go into storage :p

99% ripped of my own cd collection or purchased through iTMS
1% "other" ;) from my college days, right about the time Mr Fanning began making a name for himself...

don't think I've purchased more than 6 CDs since 2000 ish - didn't buy music for at least a couple years, leading up to iTMS. hated supporting those bloated prices. making up for it now with iTMS - woohoo!

8663 Songs, 21:23:44:58 total time, 37.57 GB on my PowerBook, and another 20GB that doesn't overlap on my external.

I don't purchase albums released on major labels anymore (conveniently, there aren't many good records on major labels anyways) but I still purchases CDs/Vinyl through mailorder and local independent record stores. Still plenty of downloading, but it's just about the only way I can check out new artists.

songs.png

3228 songs, 20.5 days, 22.02GB

…and I've just had a major clear out of old stuff that I don't listen to any more.

Ain't iTunes just gr8!?

3330 songs, 10 days 21h 10 min, 19,47GB... I'd have more if it weren't for lack of space and a knackered internal hard drive. :(

Show off! ;) Gotta outdo the Old Man, huh?

But don't forget that I've just chucked out over 10Gb of tunes –*my music and movie collections were taking over my hard disk! ::ha::

Back