how much did u save on refurbished deals?

I got my PowerBook G4 for £1300, 35% (£450) off, it's fine not a single thing wrong with it as far as I can tell. It even had a single 512MB RAM chip rather than 2 X 256 :D

I mostly deal with G4 Cubes, but I've saved tons. I got my mother a refurbished iMac - 17" widescreen - and I saved about 450.00.

No problems yet.

*knocks on wood*

from my experience, after buying a referb iBook i would say no. i ha to have the motherboard replaced, lcd replaced and the hard drive has too many bad sectors to even install an OS.

so as it stands

3 yes 1 no

a lot of people who bought new ibooks had to have the logic board, and LCD replaced. its a known defect so thats why there is a ibook recall at the moment.

My aging (ha!) 8600 is still running and was a refurb. I have had a couple parts fail, but they weren't Apple's.

i purchased a refurbished Cube for $899 and a 15" LCD Studio display for $199 through PowerMax both with 1 year applecare. this was in 2001.

the LCD looked brand new. not a single mark on it. the Cube was obviously refurbished but worked perfectly.

I bought my G4/1.25ghz DP last year for $1199. You still can't get them for that price used on eBay. I bought my Powerbook G4/1.25ghz 15" Aluminum refurb in late January for $1999. At the time, the new models were $2499, so I saved $500.

The PB had to go back in to Apple to be fixed (white spot issue), but since then, has worked fine. The G4/1.25ghz DP has been rock solid since day one.

Refurbs are a great way to save a buck. The only catch is that you should buy the refurb from Apple. If you buy it from Apple, you get a full one year warranty. If you buy a refurb elsewhere, you only get a 90 day warranty.

serpicolugnut said:
Refurbs are a great way to save a buck. The only catch is that you should buy the refurb from Apple. If you buy it from Apple, you get a full one year warranty. If you buy a refurb elsewhere, you only get a 90 day warranty.

if you buy the refurb through a "apple authorized reseller" such as powermax of smalldog you get the exact same 1 year applecare warranty as if buying it from the applestore.

They carry the same warranty, and you can still get Apple Care if you choose. I ran tech tool pro on my the other day. In the text window after the test, it said, "refurbishment on 5/17/04." I have never seen that before.

Back