HP officejet 6110 wont print with Tiger

rosie-red

Registered
I am desperately trying to get this printer to do anything with Tiger. I used it with Jaguar on my G4 and it was great but now have a G5 and can't print anything. I have downloaded the latest driver from HPs site and unistalled and installed this. Unplugged eveything. Rebooted. And still get message - Jobs stopped. The driver showing in window is HP ALL-IN-ONE 2.2.9. I'm not quite a newbie but am at my wits end. HELP!!!

Make sure you have downloaded the installer from this web page - http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?dlc=en&lc=en&os=219&product=79477&lang=en&cc=us&softwareitem=oj-37928-1
Uninstall your present HP drivers.
Open the Printer Setup Utility
Click on Reset Printing System... (under the Printer Setup Utility menu)
This will remove your present printer queues (all of them), and should take care of that problem of stopped printer.
Quit the Printer Setup
Install that latest set of HP drivers.
Re-add your printer through Printer Setup Utility.

Many thanks for that. I think its fixed it. I had downloaded the driver from that site but it was the 52mb driver that didn't have web installers in its title ( I thought why do I need web installers!?!). Anyway I obviously do because everything seems tickety-boo at the moment. Great stuff!

Back