HyperCard anyone?

monktus

Registered
I noticed that The European HyperCard User Group (eHUG) will be at the Paris Expo, they're trying to get Apple to do a carbon version. Remember HyperCard everyone? I remember doing my first basic scripting on it back in the day, then it died off a bit and I learned Director :)

Given the rumours about Apple making an Office suite and the buying of Shake etc, is it conceivable that they'd revamp HyperCard as a pro authoring alternative, or even as a home one? After all there's a huge gap between say Director and (nooooooo!) PowerPoint, which is a horrible bit of software.

Unlikely I know but HyperCard at one time was a key bit of software for Apple. The program itself is very dated now but the concept was a good one.

Hypercard was the precurser to Hypertext, therefore Hypercard has been replaced by the Internet.

:)

Arf :)

I forgot about SuperCard, but is that still going and has it been doing anything of note recently?

Anyway, I'd quite like to see a shiny new take by Apple on HyperCard.

I liked hypercard, wow that brings back memories. I still have it on a Macintosh LC475, yes is still works, although I have to turn it off because it makes more noise than all my other 6 machines combined!

Your LC makes noise? I have one of those, they don't even have FANS iirc... Well, my LC isn't running most of the time, but I sometimes still use my Colour Classic. And noise isn't something that I know from that one... :)

SuperCard, afaik, is still an active community. There's a Mac OS X version of it.

Back