i broke my sawtooth 400 :(

The CUDA button on the beige is back left on the mobo....if you have PCI cards installed, you have to use a pen or something to push it.

Reset the Logic Board (might help)
1 Unplug the computer.
2 Remove the battery from the logic board.
3 Disconnect the power supply cable from the logic board and then press the Power On button.
4 Wait at least 10 minutes before replacing the battery.
5 Make sure the battery is installed in the correct +/- direction.
6 Reassemble the computer and test the unit

too late for anything else. i just took it to an apple authorized repair shop. they said there was something wrong with the logic board and might need to be replaced. well, there goes $90 for the diagnostic fee... :(
does anyone know a good site where i can buy a logic board for my computer?

Do a Google search for "g4 motherboard" and check out the sponsored links. The first one above the results has some good prices.

ok, so i finally got a new motherboard and it arrived today. it looks almost the same as my old one, with a few minor differences. This, however, did not fix my computer. one of the main differences could be the problem: the powercord that plugs into the motherboard on my old powersupply is 10 pins long (x2). however, my new motherboard has a slot that is 11 pins long (x2). this leaves two of the pins on the motherboard untouched. i'm thinking this has something to do with it not working. so now do i have to get a new powersupply to match my new motherboard? :(

oh, and before it used to turn the fans on and turn the power button light on when i pushed power. now there is nothing with this new motherboard... :confused:

tkdragon said:
ok, so i finally got a new motherboard and it arrived today. it looks almost the same as my old one, with a few minor differences. This, however, did not fix my computer. one of the main differences could be the problem: the powercord that plugs into the motherboard on my old powersupply is 10 pins long (x2). however, my new motherboard has a slot that is 11 pins long (x2). this leaves two of the pins on the motherboard untouched. i'm thinking this has something to do with it not working. so now do i have to get a new powersupply to match my new motherboard? :(

oh, and before it used to turn the fans on and turn the power button light on when i pushed power. now there is nothing with this new motherboard... :confused:
This is too obvious: You have the wrong motherboard, send it back and get the correct one for your system, otherwise you'll be throwing your money down a hole. A logic board that 'looks almost the same' is not close enough. (close enough doesn't work in this situation)

YAY! It's finally over! The nice people i bought my mboard from were kind enough to send me the powersupply from that same computer. Everything works! Now I just have to un-learn all those PC key-commands since I've been on my PC for so long (i have to remember ctrl + n is not new window :p).

Cool - way to go! Enjoy it.

Remember: the Mac is MUCH easier to use. Someone said it took him a while to get used to the Mac when he switched because he kept trying to do everything the hard way. When he thought "how would I do it the easy way" he got it right!

Back