I just got my iSight from the Apple store!!!

pwharff

Registered
I bought 2, one for me and one for my friend. I must say that these babies are much cooler in person and much much smaller than it seems in the keynote and on Apple's site. It's as long as my index finger and as round as a quarter. WOW! I haven't had a chance to try it out since I picked them up during my lunch break and I work on Winblows at AMD. I will update this post later when I get a chance to try it out.

Wow, those dimensions do seem way smaller then one would guess. The cylinder seems to be about double the dimensions you mention. :)

I was worried about hanging something so large on my TiBook screen, but it looks like I need not worry! :)

Yeah, I was worried also. I'll post some pictures of box and camera later when I get home from work.

I'm buying a new iMac 17" and a new 15GB iPod (trading in my current 15" iMac and 10GB iPod), and I won't have the $ left over for an iSight:( Does it only work iChat to iChat, or can you use it on Yahoo Messenger, or videochat with someone using AIM while you're on iChat? If not, I dont think I'll get it...I only know 2 ppl with iChat.

Only iChat to iChat right now, but Apple used open standards so as Steve put it "People will be copying us on this soon" ;)

yay! Also, if you can, could you please try out the iSight with iMovie or Final Cut? I'm curious as to if you can use it that way, just as an ordinary FireWire camera.

Someone mentioned using an iSight with an iPod to record video, but I don't know how you'd monitor what you were recording.

Back