I lose airport internet sharing after a restart

garylapointe

Registered
I recently upgraded from 9.x to OS X 10.2.5.

I can "share my internet connection with airport-equiped computers" but I can't find a way to to make the "sharing" start automatically when I reboot. It worked in 9.x!

Everytime I reboot it loses the connection and I have to push "start" again. Am I stuck with this or is there a work around?

Thanks,
Gary

(Clarification: I do not have an airport base station, I'm having my desktop wirelessly share it's internet connection to other computers in the house via it's airport.)

Go here http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=200210280525440 and follow instructions. Read through the whole thread to get some pointers. One person mistakenly points out that you should use /System/Library/StartupItems but this is not correct. Just make a /Library/StartupItems folder if you don't have one. There is also a last post that talks about it not working after an update to Jag, but mine works fine without it. There is also a Knowledgebase article about setting the mtu setting on startup, which may help clarify what the above hint does.

Jim

Excellent! I'll have to try this out this weekend.

Thanks!
Gary

Am I wrong, or shouldn't this be simpler? Like a checkbox that says "remember after restart"?

Back