I need an alu MightyMouse !

chevy

Marvelous Da Vinci
Staff member
Mod
The title of the tread says it all. Now that everything (iPod, iPhone, iMac, Mac Pro, Mac mini, ... and soon the MacBook) is in alu with alu keyboards.... we need alu mouses !

The title of the tread says it all. Now that everything (iPod, iPhone, iMac, Mac Pro, Mac mini, ... and soon the MacBook) is in alu with alu keyboards.... we need alu mouses !

I would just settle for a good mouse from Apple there Mice suck.

Right, so how about a two-buttoned (and I mean TWO_PHYSICAL_BUTTONS) aluminum Mighty Mouse for under fifty bucks?

Right, so how about a two-buttoned (and I mean TWO_PHYSICAL_BUTTONS) aluminum Mighty Mouse for under fifty bucks?

I think that would be perfect, just put a small heater in it for the winter and it will be perfect.

They should also fix the issue with dirt getting trapped into the 360 scroll ball. The rest of it is pretty good. It could use a new look though. Glass and aluminum maybe? :D

Yep, replace the dirt catching bal by a small track pad area (or a finger print type of sensor).

It's hovering more than a centimeter, so does it really hover? because that would be sweet.

The magnets would have to be almost perfectly uniform in repulsion along the edges of the mouse. The easiest way to get the idea to work would be to use a magnet that would cover the entire bottom of the mouse (drifting would be a problem if it weren't dead-on); however, this doesn't compensate for the laser, which in itself would have to be fairly powerful to reflect a 1cm distance. Maybe the mouse could have an optical tracking system with a corresponding grid engraved or printed on the pad.

At any rate, it'd be quite a feat to make the mouse work with a variety of hand sizes and weights.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, an electromagnetic repulsion system might be able to do the job using a weight/distance algorithm. It would have to use proximity sensors along the bottoms of the mouse to adjust on-the-fly, of course, but it could work. The major issue I see with a system like this would be power draw; I figure a couple AA's wouldn't hold up for too long. That, and it would be the equivalent to holding an expensive fan motor. Not too sure it wouldn't be painful if it were made of aluminum! :p

Back