I need help. Urgently

Hysteria1000

Registered
My MacBook Pro has aim, rather, i have downloaded aim.

A friend, sent me a few photos through aim, and i tried to save them to my computer, my macbook wouldnt let me. It would try saving the conversation instead.
So i dragged the photos to my desktop, however, when i opened the desktop icon the photo/s were under
it came up as a picture clipping under the finder window.
I had no problem with this, because i clicked the icon and my photo came up in a different window, but it wont let me save it to my computer, there is no save as button.
I want to transfer it to iphoto, but its impossible.
i need to meet a deadline with some of these photos so i really need some help

Hello Hysteria. I'm having trouble understanding precisely what is happening.

What type of file is it you are trying to import into iPhoto? the file should have an extension, for example file.jpg (where .jpg is the extension). If it is a JPG, GIF, TIFF, PSD (etc) there should be no problems importing into iPhoto.

(if you can't see an extension, control+click or right click the file and choose Get Info, then look at the "Name and Extension" section in the Get Info dialog box. The extension should be there)

Do you get an error message of some sort when you try?

Why would you download AIM if you already have iChat? Granted, it's not the best but given the choice I'd actually choose Adium if I didn't need the video feature.

Back