I need line-in in my iBook

flacochala

I`m in!!
Hi guys... i have ran into a problem. I really need a line in port in my ibook, i have looked for different solutions on the web (imic, m-audio, etc)... the thing is that in the place where i live all this products are extremly expensive (imic costs about 150 U$S)... so i decided to look for a hack or a cheaper solution that can give my ibook line in capabilities...
Does anyone know about some hack to do this?? any ideas are accepted .... i also would like to mantain the mic in the bezel since i use very often... thanks.

as far as i know, there really isn't anything you can do without getting one of these premade for mac devices. why does the imic cost so much? do you have any family/friends stateside that can buy you one and send it to you for way cheaper? i love my imic.

I also have this "expat tax" to pay for Mac accessories. I wanted an iMic, but couldn't justify the price. It took time to find one in Egypt, but I finally got a very inexpensive "USB external sound card", a little dongle the size of a bluetooth adaptor at the PC shopping center. Cost something like $5. It works well for skype and the like.

Before buying it I almost despaired and bought a blue tooth dongle and microphone. That would have been about $30 here, though most of them are phone centric. If you can't find a USB sound card, bluetooth should work, though I can't promise it.

Back