i think my safari is dying...

Roadie

Registered
I dont know whats up with it, but its taking years to connect to anything. I jsut upgraded to panther, and it was working fine for about a day. Everything is loading fine on Explorer so i dont think its a problem with my connection. Any idea what it could be?

Have you repaired permissions? After upgrading, that's a must-do. Have you emptied your cache as well? That seems to help sometimes.
And finally, have you tried connecting with a different browser, such as IE? If you still have trouble connecting, it could be the network signal (I have broadband via AirPort and it can get a bit sluggish at heavy-usage times of the day).
And finally, sometimes opening and quitting Safari, then restarting the Mac seems to give it enough of a kick to get back to connecting at a normal rate of speed.

well, its actually a clean install on a new hard drive, so i didnt think i had to repair permissions...how do i do that anyway?

have you tried connecting with a different browser, such as IE?
yeah, thats why i said everythign is fine in Explorer ;)

I also cleared the cache and restarted the computer and still no luck.

oh yeah, and since you brought up broadband and airport...i am thinking about setting up a wireless network here, but i dont want to take a huge speed hit on my internet connection if i do that. would i notice the difference in speed if i went went wireless?

wow..ok the problem is getting worse. Now my iChat wont display any of the text that I type. And also Mail seems to hang here and there.

Back