iApp Improvements?

serpicolugnut

OS X Supreme Being
What improvements would you like to see in the iApp line? Specifically, what improvements would you like to see in each iApp application? Here's my list...

iMovie:
1-Needs a 2nd timeline
2-Improve background rendering (it currently bites)
3-Add new effects, transitions and titles

iTunes
1-Ability to broadcast MP3s over the internet
2-Ability to burn cross fades to audio CD (probably a pipe dream, but a guy can ask, right?)
3-New visualizations

iPhoto
1-Ability to burn Photo CDs that will adhere to the PhotoCD spec, and play in most DVD players
2-Revamped cataloging system. Make it easier to navigate and find a certain photo in the library from the Finder.
3-More transition options in the Slideshow (give us the ScreenSaver transitions, they rock, and should be easy to replicate under iPhoto Slideshow)

iDVD
1-Bigger library of buttons to choose from
2-Easier creation/import of custom themes
3-Improved audio looping functions
4-Ability to define chapters in movies, and allow iDVD to setup Chapter Selections (yeah, again, it will probably never happen, as this is a function of DVDSP).

Thoughts? Anybody have any suggestions for iCal or iChat?

iChat
Should be able to access other networks like Fire can, especially MSN Messenger. MSN is awful and keeps going down, but I don't know anyone who uses AIM.

iCal
The dock icon should always reflect the current date, even when it hasn't been run - like a sencondary calendar in the dock without having to have an extra calendar-in-the-dock app. Its a handy feature that it does it, but I always think its the 17th. S'pose I could just run it at login...
Need custom colours for calendars instead of just the six presets.

Just thought of another must add feature for iTunes...

-MP4 support....

Apple could really move adoption along with incorporating it sooner, rather than wait and catch up with the industry...

iChat:
Make it so that users who haven't upgraded to the latest AIM still appear Away instead of Idle

Quicktime Broadcaster seems like a perfectly capable application for streaming MP3s and other media formats - it's fairly easy to use, stable, and not a huge resource hog.

You mention iDVD, so I'll remind you that you can create a collage of photos and burn them to a DVD. I agree, however, that it would be nice to be able to give those users without a Superdrive the option, but I'd explore the ability with Toast 5 - not sure if it's possible.

As far as other improvements, I'd like to see iChat give me some sort of "Netmeeting-esque" capability, involving webcams and audio. I'd also like to see logging. I'm sure both of those are in the works, but we'll see when they're implimented.

-Brad

Originally posted by serpicolugnut
What improvements would you like to see in the iApp line? Specifically, what improvements would you like to see in each iApp application? Here's my list...

iMovie:
1-Needs a 2nd timeline
2-Improve background rendering (it currently bites)
3-Add new effects, transitions and titles

iTunes
1-Ability to broadcast MP3s over the internet
2-Ability to burn cross fades to audio CD (probably a pipe dream, but a guy can ask, right?)
3-New visualizations

iPhoto
1-Ability to burn Photo CDs that will adhere to the PhotoCD spec, and play in most DVD players
2-Revamped cataloging system. Make it easier to navigate and find a certain photo in the library from the Finder.
3-More transition options in the Slideshow (give us the ScreenSaver transitions, they rock, and should be easy to replicate under iPhoto Slideshow)

iDVD
1-Bigger library of buttons to choose from
2-Easier creation/import of custom themes
3-Improved audio looping functions
4-Ability to define chapters in movies, and allow iDVD to setup Chapter Selections (yeah, again, it will probably never happen, as this is a function of DVDSP).

Thoughts? Anybody have any suggestions for iCal or iChat?

well..have ou tried to integrate a Nice iPhonto setup into iDVD...they don't...but being all of them "i" applications, they should make iDVD honor all iPhoto preferences for any partcular presentation, this way you savea lot of tiem by just dragging and dropping or importing directly from iPhoto to create a slides DVD.

on the other hand, iDVD should have transition Effects for slide shows..simple stuff that is missing...

unfortunately, a tabbed interface is against apple gui guidelines. the drawer, however, would be a great alternative.

can other people edit the "to" date in iCal? or is it jsut me? if so i would strongly sugest they fix that it bugs the hell out of me!

Hmm, I've answered a similar thread lately. My suggestion:

I want a final version of iSync. I want to be able to seamlessly integrate my Palm device (Sony Clié PEG-415) with my Macintosh (TiBook) and my iPod.

I hope Apple has not simply forgotten to finalise this product... It's a great idea, but it doesn't work yet. Not as advertised, at least.

Back