ibook wont wake up after closing lid

markhod

Registered
I have noticed sometimes if I close the lid that when I open it again the ibook wont wake up. This seems to be correlated to having mozilla thunderbird running, but dont know if that is the cause. I am running a g4 ibook 1.33ghz with os x 10.6. Has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers,

Mark

There are a few reasons why an iBook might not wake from sleep.
- The battery level is too low. Are you running on battery when the problem occurs? Try checking your power level by pressing the button on the battery.
- The lid sensor is not working correctly. When this happens, does your iBook wake up when you press a key?
- Some sort of software glitch could cause it as well, though I haven't heard anything about Thunderbird doing this.

I am also having this problem with my 933 ibook G4.

- My ibook is always plugged in to a power outlet, so the battery is always full.
- When I close my ibook at night, I make sure to close out of all major applications. But, when I get up in the morning, my ibook does not wake up when I open the ibook.
- Pressing any key does not work and even the power button works funny. I have to hold it down for about 5-7 seconds first, then hit it again for it to power on.

Thanks,
Jignesh

Back