If you feel like flaming someone get in...

I suppose most if the arguments given have their (hidden) counterpart, which means this article could be debated.

Nevertheless, some of it is true.

Some may be true but some is either opinion or just FUD.
Furthermore, let's not forget that Microsoft has historically charged FAR less than its proprietary cousins. Compared to Sun Microsystems' high-priced Unix servers, Oracle's incredibly expensive database and the price combo of Apple hardware with ANY Apple OS, Microsoft products have been an incredible bargain.
He is so arrogant to boldify ANY Apple OS, but that's not true at all. I'm thinking here of the XServe and unlimited licences which drive multi user servers close to Linux levels.
7. Microsoft pays loads in taxes
What exactly is he trying to prove with this?
3. Microsoft takes risks
This might seem a strange reason to consider Microsoft a good corporate citizen, but consider the results. How many companies would have the courage--much less the stamina--to take on Sony in game consoles, Palm computing in handhelds, Sun in server operating systems, Oracle and IBM in databases, AOL in internet access, and practically every wireless phone maker in existence (Nokia and Ericsson among them) in the provision of operating systems for advanced cell phones? Not many.
Anyone here think it takes courage when you have 40 billion in the bank? Stamina to throw $1.1 billion at the XBox? I guess that's about 1.4 air craft carriers by his god awful analogy so you could say that's stamina ;)

It's great if you read through the replies he got, I think every point he made is conclusively dismissed in those replies!:D

Back