Illustrator 8 Page Tiling Crap

MDLarson

Registered
I'm working with Illustrator 8.01 / Mac OS 9.2.2.

As you can see from the screenshot, my page tiling is way off. I'm using standard 8.5 x 11 Letter size, and have the orientation set to landscape. Clicking "Use Page Setup" in Document Setup has no effect.

This actually happened twice to me with the same document; I ended up copying the lines, circles and text into a completely new Illustrator file, and I come back a few days later to find this.

The page prints out way off as well, so I'm wondering if this is a problem with my printing software... Any ideas?

Man, this must happen a lot... I forgot the attachment.

Attachments

• illustrator8.gif
    illustrator8.gif
    57.4 KB · Views: 30
Click and hold on the Hand Tool on your tools window and in the pop out select the page tool. this will allow you to move your page tiling anywhere on the screen

Pardus, that works. I wonder how it got that way in the first place though.

BTW, sorry for the slight lag in response time... :p

Oii! It Works! Thanks!

But how if I want to change the size of the Page Tiling as well to be able to go all the way out to the edge of the paper?

One moore thing!

When making a custom size document for business cards or similar, the printout comes so far to the left on the paper so some gets cut out.

Where can I choose center or similar on the print option?

If you are printing business cards just grab the print area (that hand tool option that was discussed in an earlier post) and position it so it's relative to your cards and where you want it. Also, you can just use a layout program like quark to more accurately control your printing/layout issues.

Back