iMac G3 is dead

Booh ! My Indigo iMac is already obsolete you mean ? Grr... Anyway it's a good computer. A *vit* too slow, but good anyway.

Originally posted by toast
Booh ! My Indigo iMac is already obsolete you mean ? Grr... Anyway it's a good computer. A *vit* too slow, but good anyway.

No it was obsolete a long time ago

It was about time... it didn't make any sense anymore. And no, the iBook is here to stay (at least up to 1 Ghz and maybe a true 266 Mhz frontside - that's to say about 10 months).

1998 - 2003
from Yahoo.finance
"The iMac allowed Apple to keep its hand in the game and reasserted the company's leading position in design," said Roger Kay, an analyst at market research firm International Data Corp. "After that, people then expected Apple to introduce astounding products regardless of the category."

Nice tumb stone.

My iMac DV is alive and kicking under 9, crawling under X, but the line has to die because it is obsolete. The eMac essentially replaces it. The old iMac only has a G3, only the iBooks now have to be upgraded to G4 status. Besides, the new iMac wowed people even more then the original.

Chevy: *tomb

However, I would like Apple to go out with a bang!

For example they could lower the price at the range of $300-$400 and sell some more :D

I think the iMac had still life in it as a Classic box or a Linux one! ;)

And after all with 512MB of RAM it could still run just fine under X for basic stuff... If only the price was right :rolleyes:

Back