iMac G4 10.4.3 Excel (Office v.x) excel unexpectedly quits

lardy

Registered
Having 5 or six workbooks open at the same time I have noticed that when closing them down (using close button top left) I get "Excel has unexpectedly quit" this isn't any longer unexpected to me as it happens all the time. The problem is getting worse and now worksheets within the workbook itself are becoming corrupted leaving them in a state that Excel can no longer open. In the past I have used NeoOffice to get the information back but this all seems a little archaic.
Anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks.

Lardy

I'd definitely update to Mac OS X 10.4.7 at this point, and I'd also check for updates for Microsoft Office. It could very well be that your problem has been solved by either party...?

Fryke I have updated to 10.4.7. When going to the Microsoft website and choosing correct updates (version v.x) I download them and get this message:The installer could not locate the correct version of software required to install this update" I am using version 10.1.0 at the moment.

Anyone got any ideas??

You need to install earlier updates. If this does not work, reinstall Office v.X from the distribution CD and then apply all updates.

Cannot find earlier updates at macmedia, have reistalled from original disk supplied, no change.

Back