IMOVIE Help Please!

thndrcats

Registered
can anyone tell me what i may be doing wrong? i am trying to create a movie using video clips from my camera. when i download my movies to iphoto, they work great. when i drag them to imovie, they play but i do not get any sound. the 3 little check marks are there but still no sound! any suggestions???

open the movie in quick time and then get movie info. look at the sound and see if its muxed or demuxed. one of these will work in imovie, and the other will not. i can't remember right now, but i'd say your camera records the sound in a way imovie can't read.

So how can I fix this? I do not understand since audio WAS there in the raw footage. We saw and heard it.

So how can I fix this? I do not understand since audio WAS there in the raw footage. We saw and heard it. If it was there initially, it seems it did work at least for awhile. Most importantly, is there any remedy?

If I open it in quicktime, how do I
edit it? It is still in the raw footage stage...I am grateful for any help.

iMovie doesn't read the sound of some sound types, like muxed, so you'll import the clip into MPEG Streamclip, then export it as a DV file. Very simple. Import the newly created file into iMovie to edit.

I just did it and it worked perfectly.

Agh!

I'm having the same problem.

Imported an mpg into iMovie and it had no sound.

Converted it into an avi with mpeg streamclip, imported that...still no sound.

Converted the mpg into a dv, imported that...not only is there no sound but the images in the lower window don't even show up - it's just a series of grey boxes.

What's going on?

I've imported stuff before and don't remember having these problems.

Help!

Back