iMovie Lowers Volume of Clips w/ Titles

jove

Hello,
I am creating a movie in iMovie. Whenever a clip is displaying text from a title, the volume of the embedded audio track lowers. Has anybody else heard this problem?

I too have this problem with iMovie. Searching the web for fellow sufferers I find lots of discussion group posts about this issue, which no-one ever replies to. Surely to goodness someone out there knows the answer?

And another thing ...using iMovie on my desktop G4 gives me hellish problems with pixellation on titles and transitions. Another Internet search suggests, again, that many people have this problem and, again, no-one has any answers.

Is iMovie just fatally buggy? Why doesn't everyone have this problem with it - and why doesn't anyone know how to help the folk who do?

Very odd.

The answer is on Apple's website. It took a couple Google searches to find it. The effects use the preview volume. Before you add any transition/effect/title, make certain the preview volume is on full.

In iMovie have you tried raising the volume again in edit view? (Where you see clips, transitions and that little purple line. That purple line is the volume of your music track.)

It will be interesting to hear the answer on this one because I have used iMovie a lot in the past few months…*:)

Rasing the volume via the audio lines, after the damage, may cause some distortion. Apple's official fix for this problem is to raise the volume on the slider, right below the preview video, to full before adding any effect.

Gotta love semantics :)

You are correct. The structure of the data is not damaged. We still have a valid audio stream. The meaning of damage I intended is the content has been altered without the consent or intention of the creator where recovery may have ill effects on the content (distortion).

Back