Importing Music with iTunes for iPod

Mac Attack

Registered
I picked up an iPod this weekend and have just begun to load my music on it. I've been importing my music with iTunes using the AAC encoder. The fastest import speed I've been able to achieve is 6.5x. At this rate it's going to take me at least 15+ hours to load all of my music on the iPod. Is there a faster way to do this?

My computer is a Powerbook G4 400mhz.

Thanks!

The encoding speed depends largely on your processor speed and the codec you choose. AAC is one of the more demanding codecs when encoding, and 6.5x is pretty much right for a G4-400. 'nuff said.

Yeah. The only way you can speed up the process is by just not doing anything else on your Mac, and quitting all unnecessary apps. Besides that, guess you should just buy that PowerBook G6 you've had your eye on.

The encoding speed depends largely on your processor speed and the codec you choose. AAC is one of the more demanding codecs when encoding, and 6.5x is pretty much right for a G4-400. 'nuff said.
Wow... Looks like I'll be importing for days. Oh well, it'll all be worth it once my pod is packed with tunes!
15.gif

dlloyd said:
That's better than me! I only get about 3x. Of course, I import at 192 kbps...
Is there really a big difference between 128 & 192 kbps?

Besides that, guess you should just buy that PowerBook G6 you've had your eye on.
G6? Yeah I wish! Trying to hold out for the G5 Powerbook but it doesn't look like I'm going to make it. Praying the new Powerbooks will be released soon, this one has got to go!

Thanks for everyone's replies. :cool:

Back