Installer application paradox

daegu

Registered
Okay this one's tricky.. For me anyway.
Every time I open a .pkg file or even simply just run installer, the icon bounces for a about a minute and then the installer quits and a dialogue box pops us telling me that it has unexpectedly quit, and If I reopened installer from that box the same thing happens. What is this? How do I fix it?
It's been going on for a year now and I'd really like to install Adobe flash 10 already.

Has this happened with every *pkg you have used? If it does not work with any pkgs then you can reinstall the installer from the Leopard Disc.

or the Adobe Flash Package is broken...have you attempted to install the same one over a year or did you attempt downloading a new package from adobe.com?

or the Adobe Flash Package is broken...have you attempted to install the same one over a year or did you attempt downloading a new package from adobe.com?

no no no no... it's EVERY pkg file i try to install =(
adobe's fine.
and the problem is, is that i CANNOT install it from the leopard disk, cause my ex upgraded my imac g5 to leopard from his disk and we don't even talk anymore lol
what can i do?

Provide us with the specs of your Mac, along with OS version. It might be tied to something there.

iMac G5 1.9 GHz, 512mb memory
OSX 10.5.6
please let me know if i forgot to include a detail
your help is greatly appreciated!!

When you downloaded Adobe Flash 10 for your Mac, did you make sure to select the PowerPC version and not the Intel one? The iMac G5 has a PowerPC "G5" processor.

For any Mac app you download today, you have to make sure that it supports PowerPC Macs with either a PowerPC version or a Universal Binary (the UB runs on both Intel and PowerPC Macs).

I don't think it has to do with intel/ppc,the package will always install,just the app not being ppc wouldn't work.I think it is possible to download the installer again from apple.com....do you have a tiger DVD maybe?it also has the installer on it.

i found a thing on apple's website that says "installer update"
what more?? It's a .pkg itself!
go figure.
**SIGH**
couldn't somebody just.... e-mail me a copy of their installer...?
i'm going NUTS here.
for the best computing company in the world apple really does like to make things confusing and hard to fix...

I will get the Installer from my G3 Pismo running 10.4.11, I'll zip it and put it on my server....hang on a minute ill send the link

okay this is really weird when i went to my utilities folder, the installer was GONE.
M I A, Gooone.

and then i put yours in there, ran it, and the same thing happened.

uhhh... did i get one of those renowned "impossible to get" mac viruses or did i completely mess up my computer somehow long ago?
arrgh i am ready to smash this computer lol but that would be a very stupid idea because of my budget.
so... what now? is the thought of installing ANYTHING... EVER a lost cause for me now? :(

out of some reason the installer is not present in my utitilities folder either. It is in Tiger though...maybe spotlight it? If you run it as an app, it surely wont display anything, it needs a package. Try the adobe package and tell me what happens

same problem as always
"the application installer quit unexpectedly"
something must be wrong with some system files....
this is really frustrating

i did already! but the problem is, is that the 'installer update' in .PKG format anyway, so i can't run the update anyways because my installer quits on me lol
see what i mean by paradox??

you can do the following:

select the package->view package contents->click on the folder contents->unzip Archive.pax.gz. It will give you the package content. Does only work with *pkg not with the multi package format.

Back