Introducing: The Hérve-o-lator!

wheeeeeee!
probably the best app ever written for os x ... :D :D have you submitted it to versiontracker yet? lol...!!

I think going to VT is a bit of a stretch, it will just remain MacOSX.com's little baby, because nobody else understands the power of the Hérve...;)

Does that mean Herve is beyond help? :p

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a help dialogue that reads something like: "If you clicking yellow while carbon then spill cocoa, there are many new features!
"Whyfore the reason for interest in girls with iMacs? Exit sponge."

so ksuther, i take you are working on this for the future franchising of Herve's B & G's. I expect with this amount of time and effort, you are going to want to be an equal partner.:D

Oh definitley:D
I'll be sure to add the annoying sheet that spams people to go to the B&G or macosx.com :D
Btw, this is much higher quality than eightball dockling :eek:

I've got a cool idea - you work out a few herve-esque sentence structures, and replace quotes with components of sentences to make these up randomly. (a process I'm familiar with from writing essays)

e.g. a sentence structure for the declaration of an opinion might be:

I + statement of belief + 'that' + topic + 'is' + modifier + adjective + 'when' + noun + situation + qualifying statement.

The above would yield with random things inserted from a book of hervian grammar:

"I think that the new iMac is very cooler when bacon in the arctic wind cooks"

Then there would be, through randomisation, an almost infinate supply of quotes - Joy!

Bernie :eek:)

My first encounter with Herve-ian-ism was the thread "Here is my design for OS X!" in which Herve posted a stick figure drawn in crayons.
I think I instigated that by suggesting that people "get out their crayons" and work out a mascot for OS X. Herve was the only one who took me literally.
:D

This thread is just sick.

*** simX gags himself with a steak knife, and shreds the Herve-o-Lator program.

P.S. Notice LACK of sarcastic smiley.

I got a basic comment editor working now, problem is it doesn't do multiple lines :(
I think I'll have make it so \n or something makes a new line...

I highly recommend megaHAL. It is a unix conversation simulator (think Eliza) that attempts to sound psychotic, rather than bland and trivial.

There is an OS X port on versiontracker somewhere, though I just ported the Linux version to OS X.

Back