Invalid node structure won't go away!

jonny_wonny

Registered
Hey, I posted here before about a problem with my MacBook Pro. It stopped booting up and Disk Utility said that the harddrive had an "Invalid node structure". So I reformatted and it happened again. I got Disk Warrior and tried repairing it but it said that the disk was too damaged to be fixed. So I'm assuming it's a hardware problem? Not sure what I should do... It's probably still under warrenty, but I don't know if I can find my receipt. Is it possible that it's not a hardware problem? What are my options? If it is a hardware problem, what should I do?

Thanks!

Not quite sure what you are asking. Do I have stock RAM? Yes, it's the RAM that came with the laptop. But I don't believe the problem is with the RAM.

What's the serial number? I think you can look up the warranty info on Apple's web site.

You generally don't need to supply a receipt if you registered the product. It's all based on the serial number though, so you could call the local authorized service center and they could possibly tell you over the phone about whether the machine is covered.

Do you have the newest version of DiskWarrior for Intel Macs?

If that can't repair it, your hard drive is most likely bad.

Yes I do have the most recent version for Intel Macs. And I'm afraid to say that it must be that my hard drive is damaged. Would this be from a manufacturing error, or something that I could have done? I can't remember doing anything that could be considered harmful.

I checked on the website, and entered in my serial number, and it said that it still should be unter warrenty. This is what they said:
Our records indicate that your product is covered under Apple’s Limited Warranty and your date of purchase was 28-Jun-06. Depending on when or whether you registered your product, if you purchased it from an Apple authorized reseller, or purchased an iPod shuffle from the online Apple Store, the estimated purchase date may be incorrect.
If you believe that this information is inaccurate, learn how to update your date of purchase.

Please put your sales receipt in a safe place. You will need it for warranty validation.

That date should be right. So, is it possible to buy a new harddrive and put it in myself? Or would I have to send the whole thing in? Can I email them? Or do I have to call.

Thanks for all the help!

If you're close to an Apple store, take it there, otherwise call Apple. You have a one year warranty.
Why pay for the drive if it's in warranty?

There's one a few hours away... but since I might not get a chance to get down there any time soon maybe I should just call.

Okay, I guess that's that. Thanks for all the assistance!

Did you try reformatting the drive? Usually that will fix any bad file system problems. Just back up your data first.

Back