iPhoto failure

Andrew337

Registered
I have developed a fault with iPhoto on my iBook 700MHz machine. OS X 10.1.5 App opens and then quits and tells me that that the app has unexpectedly quit. Downloaded latest version and reinstalled and had no effect. Any idea what part of the system might be corrupt. Disk First Aid shows nothing. Used to work fine, but can't remember at what point in time it started to fail. Any suggestions.

When I bought Jaguar I had new copies of the software, and this seemed to have solved the problem. I haven't been able to upgrade to 10.2.2 yet because I have such a slow internet connection that it makes it impossible. In fact I was half way through downloading 10.2.2 when Apple upgraded it to 10.2.3; so that might solve your problem. Let the board know what happens.

This sounds like a problem I had last week. I had downloaded and installed iCal and later, I couldn't print anything, Some apps quit, the installer for one. I couldn't install anything, including a Norton update and printer drivers. The last staw was when Classic wouldn't start. I ended up taking about 2 hours to reinstall, OS X (10.2) Actually it has a feature that allows saving of settings so you don't have to do that all over again. Afterword everything worked OK and I was able to upgrade to 10.2.3 and install my drivers. (not to mention the Norton update)
The biggest worry is that it happened at all and I don't know what caused it!

Back