iPhoto not working

geppetto425

Registered
I have an older iMac Graphite running OS 10.2.8 with 576 megs of RAM. Still using iPhoto 2.0, it has been running just fine when the other day I booted it up and there are no photos or albums. Went to Apple's help forums and did the following; trashed the preferences, trashed AlbumData.xml and then tried rebuilding the files. After each try I rebooted iPhoto but I still have the same result. Their are no error messages. Several months ago I got a large external HD and divided it into three partitions and put all of my pics and albums in one of them but it had been working just fine. I have not added any new software. What do I need to do to get it working again??

Thanks!

Jeff

hi I had a similar prob and you may have already done this but I restarted computer holding down option and shift keys and iphoto launched with a message do you want to rebuild your library. YES and it went from there , although it did all this the first time then crashed , but I did it all again and it works fine now except for one more little prob which I am going to ask for help with when I find right forum.

Back