iPod battery tips

Racer D

what?
I just got my iPod (me happy) and I'd like some tips on what to do to make my battery last for some time. I've read how iPod battery doesn't last long (year and a half) so I'd like to know how to "use" my iPod for the battery to last longer.

Is it ok if I keep the iPod in the dock whenever I'm home? Or should I only charge when the battery is empty? does it make any difference if I charge via firewire or via electricity plug? and also, does constant moving of mp3s to ipod affect battery lifespan?

anything else I should know?

yes, I read that but I'd like to hear from a non-apple source, since apple only tells things good for the market ;)

hmm, there's something weird going on... If I charge the battery fully (it says "charged" and then re-insert the ipod into the dock, it will start charging again. and the charge takes as much time as a ful charge takes. Is this normal behaviour?

Many batteries do that -- my cell phone does the same thing. It probably isn't charging, just assessing if it needs to charge under the moniker of charging.

and it also takes as much time as full charge? my cell phone does charge even when the battery's fully, but quits after few minutes (it has a Li-ion battery)

Sometimes it'll quit in a minute or two, other times I'll pick it up three hours later and go, "Damn, I thought this thing was charged!?"

Back