iPod & iTunes Rumours

Alls I can say is that they better incorporate MP4/AAC encoding! I encoded my entire CD collection (and a couple friends, :p shh!) and had close to 30GBs. That was around iTunes 2. Then speculation that iTunes 3 would bring AAC support, so I got rid of the mp3s ... well, got a new computer and anxiously awaited ripping 300+ cds. And now it's today, and still no AAC support. Pretty soon though, 320kbps AAC's all the way!

I think iTunes 4, new iPods w/firmwire for all, and the Music Service will either all come in the same day or a Monday, Wednesday, Friday type of release. Here's hoping to soon!

"Regarding the iPod, there is some speculation that we could see new iPods in a matter of days; supplies at retail and at Apple's Online Store are virtually non-existent, after all. However, we continue to believe that Apple will hold back the cheaper, bigger, more perk-laden iPods for a tie-in to its Music Service announcement -- which is still several weeks away at the least. That event will probably also include news about Apple's music authoring package based on its acquisition of ProTools last year, and is very much dependent at this point upon how soon the company can finalize all the details of its agreements with the major record companies."

from macosrumors.

Has anyone experienced low supplies? Funny when i put the ipod in my shopping cart (10gig 20 gig) it says normal ship time of 1-2 days. I don't know what they are talking about there.

Hopefully at least a price cut before the Apple music service comes out if it does.

Macrumors have been rumoring about the ipod updates before JAnuary and MWSF already. The more they continue with those rumors and without nothing of those rumors becoming true (in months, months, months...) the less I believe what they say.

I haven't noticed anything about the 10 and 20G, but the 5G is not out there. Apple does not have any to buy and I can not find new 5G. But at the same time, who wants a 5G when the refurb iPods on Apple are nice and cheap like.

I think it's a stupic move for Apple to hold the iPod until the music announcement is made. Why not release tidbits at a time. 40G iPods! Cool! two weeks later, $1 songs! Cool! two weeks later, Music Authoring tools! Cool! Why have the grand Celebratory Bash and have everything come at once like it all is wanted by every Mac user.

I would like a new iTunes, and iPod update, definitely. But, the iPod update to play the AACs would be in the software, correct? I just got my 10gig and it would bite if I couldn't use Apple's new online service and AAC.

-Ryan

im looking forward to the rendezvous sharing of mp3s, because my desktop has over 1300 songs and I obviously would like to share it with my laptop.

Back