ipod question?

Paul C

Registered
Can you store data/files on ipods? my friend is going to get a Creative Nomad cos you can with them but I told him to get an ipod instead.

Yes, certainly. An iPod can be used to all effects as a FireWire harddisk. You can even boot from it!

Recently Apple released extra add-ons for the iPod, enabling voice recording and storing pictures on it.

Check this thread for more info.

He's a PC user (I'm tryin to covert him) and he'll be using USB 2.0, can he still store data even though he isn't using firewire?

AFAIK, yes, but I wouldn't know how that would work exactly on a PC, since I don't use one.
Incidentally, now that iTunes has been released for windows, the iPod experience on a PC has become a lot more enjoyable, so to entice your friend, show him iTunes!

LOL, keep at it! :)

The iPods themselves are all identical (besides little things like drive size), so anything you can do on a Mac iPod you can do on a PC iPod, limited only by the PC.

Aaah, another souls sees the light ... :D LOL! ;)
The new iBooks are fantastic machines, IMHO. I was thinking of getting one for my GF to replace the 4 year old Graphite iBook (G3@366).

Back