Iraqi villagers welcome U.S. troops

Originally posted by habilis
Heh. gettin under your skin am I? Well, if I shut up, middle-America would lose its voice, so, don't hold your breath.

so you're the official spokesman and without you there would be no one to support the war?

wow, if only this was true!! :D

dlloyd - our friend habilis the tooluser is allowed to go on at any length he chooses. if you're tired of it, use your ignore button. you can personally tune him out if you wish.

as i have expressed elsewhere, i think these discussions are informative and enlightening. i only hope that we are trying to listen to each other instead of just cramming our viewpoints down each others' throats which would essentialy be a form of psychological war and not discussion.

in essence we are all oriented from a point of fear. we have different ideas of how to rid ourselves of that fear. talking about it helps at times. perhaps even the act of escalating the fear is helpful in that at a certain point it must reside and thus seem less threatening in a relative way.

peace, love and understanding to all. :)

Originally posted by edX

peace, love and understanding to all. :)

I'm not sure about how to make peace, but I've some ideas about how to make love, so I'll use my next hours to that...

Originally posted by edX
as i have expressed elsewhere, i think these discussions are informative and enlightening. i only hope that we are trying to listen to each other instead of just cramming our viewpoints down each others' throats which would essentialy be a form of psychological war and not discussion.

My point exactly! That is what it seems like he is doing, at least to me.
However, it was partially meant as a joke anyway. You should be able to tell that. Or do I need to put some sort of smiley in so that you can see for sure? ;) (Like that!)
I didn't know about the 'ignore' button, but I don't want to ignore him. In other places he has some really helpful stuff to add!

PS, why is it that I always seem to rub the moderators the wrong way whenever I post my opinion? :rolleyes:
:) (There I go again!)

Originally posted by chevy
I'm not sure about how to make peace, but I've some ideas about how to make love, so I'll use my next hours to that...
Wrong kind of love, chevy :rolleyes:

yea dlloyd, use more smilies to clarrify how you meant to say something. it helps. :)

and dammit, i'm not a moderator - i'm an administrator!!! :p

Thank you all for posting your points and views. I can see why a great deal of you dont want this war and I respect that of you guys. I hope you have the same respect for me with my views on why the U.S. needs to get Saddam out of power and dont think any less than me. We are intittled to our own oppinion's and should not bash anybody for that!!

boneske

Originally posted by boneske
Thank you all for posting your points and views. I can see why a great deal of you dont want this war and I respect that of you guys. I hope you have the same respect for me with my views on why the U.S. needs to get Saddam out of power and dont think any less than me. We are intittled to our own oppinion's and should not bash anybody for that!!

I do respect people like you, boneske. You are showing very diplomatic, comprehensive and reasonable. I hope I could just be the same all the time.

And I share your opinion about Saddam Hussein: it is obvious he should be overthrown. Although my own answer is not war (there is a thread about alternate solutions to the Saddam problem, called "Questions for the Doves" if I recall well).

Originally posted by chevy

You lucky guy you!

Originally posted by edX
yea dlloyd, use more smilies to clarrify how you meant to say something. it helps. :)

and dammit, i'm not a moderator - i'm an administrator!!! :p
Okay, I can do that! :)
Yeah, and Giaguara is a super-mod. Doesn't make any difference, you are all some higher life form which has been tasked with ruling over us poor powerless boardizens! ;)

Originally posted by dlloyd
Okay, I can do that! :)
Yeah, and Giaguara is a super-mod. Doesn't make any difference, you are all some higher life form which has been tasked with ruling over us poor powerless boardizens! ;)

Do you mean Giaguara and EdX are our "Americans" ?

Without wanting to offend anyone around these here parts I must admit my first thought being "propaganda" and the second one to be "That soldier does not seem much older than the kids he hand out candy to"...

and now that we have had causalities from soldiers dressed as civilians and false surrenders, one has to wonder if disarming the troops with initial acceptance might not be part of the ruse. or at least acts that the iraqis took advantage of.

only time will tell.

Back