Is the new iBook a good choice?

MacUser79

Registered
Hi to everyone. I'm new to this forum and I'd like to ask a few things about the iBook.
I'm thinking about buying the model with the 14" screen/ cd-r,dvd-rom/ 800Mhz G3.
With 250 euros more, i can have a 12" power book (the chipest powerbook).
I'm afraid that a 12" screen would be too small (is it widesreen too?) so i will have to work at 800x600 , while at 14 i can have 1024x768. If somene has had both laptops or used them both, could he tell me his opinion about the monitor and his opinion on which laptop is better?
And one more thing ... i've heard that 0S X is hungry for power. Will i see a diference between the G3(800Mhz) and the G4 processor as it comes to the OS ?

The applications that i mostly use are for mail/browsing/office/music-mp3encoding/cd-writing and maybe use the firewire to conect my dv camera..

The iBook is at 900 MHz right now. Get the 12" iBook. The resolution's the same, the screen is sharp. If things are too small, pull the thing nearer. It's a TFT. Doesn't hurt your eyes. Save some bucks, get the 900 MHz Combo 12" iBook instead of the 12" PowerBook.

Yes, but i think you are a bit confused. The 12" model does have 1024by768 and is super sharp. the 14" has the same resolution. I think the form factor and size of the 12" is better than the 14".

I think this is one of apple's best values out there. Going with the ibook would be a great choice and you will have no regrets.

Originally posted by fryke
The iBook is at 900 MHz right now. Get the 12" iBook. The resolution's the same, the screen is sharp. If things are too small, pull the thing nearer. It's a TFT. Doesn't hurt your eyes. Save some bucks, get the 900 MHz Combo 12" iBook instead of the 12" PowerBook..

:confused: The power book is more expensive from the iBook, the powerbook is the slim, metal finish laptop... the ibook is the white one. I think you mistyped... :)

By the way the powerbook has a better screen or is it the same with the iBook?

Read my post again, I don't mix things up that I own (read signature) ;-). I just forgot to mention in the first sentence that I was comparing to the 14".

Back