iShake

wdw_

Rockee
I found some pics of iShake. iShake is the product of Apple buying Nothing Real a while ago.

ishake01.jpg

netrender1.jpg

shake1.jpg

The pics look real, but you never know.

I'm not sure if that is real. THe interface on the program kind of sucks for apple's standards. Also where did you get those pics? and Why would they call it iShake it seems silly to keep the name and add an i.

That screen aliasing on the middle pic - hard to fake, I'd say they're real...

Only thing I doubt, is would Apple realy name a son of Nothing Real's high end software with an 'i'? I doubt it, they tend to seperate their high end products like DVD studio pro from their free consumer 'i' line like iDVD.

Bernie :eek:)

Yeah, iApps = Digital Hub = Home Users.

Their "Pro" Apps like Final Cut Pro and DVD Studio Pro are never named like iApps.

I'm guessing this is a very well done fake.. or something built with like Interface Builder and named "iShake."

Wouldn't you imagine that an app like that would have more then just a File, Edit, Advanced and Help menu???

Yeah, the menus are something that I noticed, too.. If it is real, it may be because it's still an early port.. But I doubt that's the case. I'd think there'd be at least 6 or 7 menus.

I can tell you right now without even looking at the pictures in detail that this is fake. You know why? Cuz there is no possible market for an app called iShake. What general consumer wants or needs to do blue screen compositing, or a multi-layered type effects? Basic family vacation video editing is one thing for an app like iMovie.

Shake is a major Hollywood app that would serve no purpose in a crippled form for the general consumer. It would be as if Apple bought Ferrari and then sold wagons.

iShake does not and will not ever exist. Plus, Apple just bought them like two weeks ago. Give me a break.

Now, Shake Pro in a year, that's another story.

Maybe "iShake" is just a codename to fool non-betatesters that spread it around to to as many hotlineservers they can as soon as they get hold of it?:D
wdw: I think Aftereffects looks far more advanced than that app...

Originally posted by mindbend
There is no possible market for an app called iShake. What general consumer wants or needs to do blue screen compositing, or a multi-layered type effects? Basic family vacation video editing is one thing for an app like iMovie.

Home users *do* want blue screen compositing and multilayered type effects if it's as easy to use as iMovie. It's the logical next step. Bring the home users - slowly - to a niveau that lets them create really interesting videos. Apple *believes* in Desktop Video. Therefore they'll let home users have almost everything almost for free - if you buy a Macintosh. And then they offer the 'big' versions of everything for the day when the home user wants to become a pro. Interesting strategy, and it's already working for Apple. iShake makes sense, whether this is a fake, a very early build or just plain real. But iShake won't have everything the pro product will have. Simple, effective.

And.... doesn't Final Cut Pro already have compositing features like Blue Screen and such? I've never used them, but I know they're there... so maybe Apple is just adding what's already in the Pro line to the consumer line...

Fryke,

Your point is well taken, I still don't think it will happen. In fact, I propose a friendly wager. You name the terms.

My claim: iShake will not ever exist. At best, some of the lower end technology will be included in iMovie for the consumer end. Not that it's really anything new for Apple, they've already got it in Final Cut. Shake will become a fully developed Pro app in about a year. I have no idea what it will be called.

Here's more "evidence" for iShake being a fake at this point. No general consumer on earth knows what the hell "Shake" is. Apple would name such a product, even though it will never exist ;), something like iComposite or at least something in the realm of understanding for the consumers.

No general consumer on earth knows what the hell "Shake" is. Apple would name such a product, even though it will never exist ;), something like iComposite or at least something in the realm of understanding for the consumers.
Ahh, but the developers might call it iShake as a techie joke during develpoment... These techies have strange senses of humor.

Bernie :eek:)

Fryke,

Your point is well taken, I still don't think it will happen. In fact, I propose a friendly wager. You name the terms.

Hmm... I guess that won't be necessary, really. :)

My claim: iShake will not ever exist. At best, some of the lower end technology will be included in iMovie for the consumer end. Not that it's really anything new for Apple, they've already got it in Final Cut. Shake will become a fully developed Pro app in about a year. I have no idea what it will be called.

Yep. I also guess that the technology will flow into Final Cut Pro - or be a specialized pro app (Apple wants money, too).

No general consumer on earth knows what the hell "Shake" is. Apple would name such a product, even though it will never exist ;), something like iComposite or at least something in the realm of understanding for the consumers.

Well, the name could very well be - another user said that before - a joke of the developers currently working on 'iShake'.

My guess is that they're actually working on the Pro and Consumer versions at the same time.

If the screenshots are not a total fake, that is. But I think it makes sense that Apple is actually using the technology they bought.

Back