iSight with yahoo? work?

It will work with any application that works with a Firewire DV camera. Yahoo is one of them, but Yahoo Messenger on OS X has no audio support, you'll just get video.

Brian

but don't you still need to have ichatAV in order to user isight with yahoo? Recently, my ichatAV beta expired, and I can't use my isight anymore. I know the $30 isn't a big deal, but is there no other way to use isight if you don't have ichatAV?

how do I get it to work? When I try to use it wih yahoo, yahoo says that it cannot find a camera. And in my package for isight, in order to install the components needed, its says to go download ichatAV. Oh, and somethign extra, I had to do a total reinstal so ichatAV is not longer on my computer...only regular ichat (1.0?) and obviously I can't get ichatAv anymore without paying for it.

How about image quality from Logitech to iSight? Is it worth the extra $$? I have been tempted to buy an iSight but I wonder if viewers really can tell the difference...

What if my iChat recognizes the iSight, but my Yahoo 2.5.3 doesn't? Now, it USED to, but decided to stop when I upgraded from the previous version of Yahoo. The indicator light on the iSight blinks on for a moment, but the video on screen stays black, and the iSight turns off. I've tried turning off iChat when I use it, and that doesn't work. Also, someone told me to remove my Yahoo preferences list and/or reinstall Yahoo messenger. Neither seems to work. Should I just pray that Yahoo addresses this issue...someday?

Back