Isn't the .mac free trial over?

Da_iMac_Daddy

Not-so-Neo-DumbA$$
Then why am I still getting e-mail and I am able to log on? It's oct 14, and when I logged in it had a big calendar circled with big letters this account will expire oct 14. Then how was I able to read that?

I think today is the last day. At midnight (don't know which one) it's over. Unless they extend it again due to all the problems it's been facing.

Twister

Usually when they say something will expire on the 14th, it'll expire at 11:59 PM on the 14th, so you've got all day to use it.

Even after your account has expired, your user name will be retained so that you can sign up and use the same username in the future for email, and you can still use your username for iChat even after the expiration date has passed.

All this I got from an email from Apple.

11:59 centeral? Eastern? MTN? Or when my comptuer hits 11:59? Probably Pacific but when't that centeral. I have issues with time zones.

Twister

Oh, crud... whatever! Hehe... my point was that October 14th was the deadline and that the expiration probably wouldn't be until the end of the 14th. I'd put my money on 11:59 Pacific if I had to wager on it.

LOL! I just got my daily delivery of headlines from the NY Times!
Maybe Apple is having as much difficulty shutting down .mac accounts as it has keeping the .mac system up and running. ;)

Back