iSync to Exchange

bookem

danno
Still can't get this to work in 7b74. Tried typing in IP address, WINS address, DNS address, but keep getting the message:

|Exchange| Could not reach the server specified.
Can't synchronize contacts to Exchange: device is not available

Does anything specific need to be running on the Exchange server, and does it need to be a specific version?

Web Access should be on and you should use Exchange higher then 5.5 (i think).
It should work with exchange 2000 and 2003 en OWA on.
HTH

What, exactly, is iSync supposed to sync? Calendar? Contacts? Mail? (I'm most interested in importing Calendar and Address Book, that would be killer - I could actually USE iCal!)

Just the adresses, iCal can handle meeting notfication in every iCalendar Format I've seen and Outlook for Windows can send an iCalendar invitation.
Wierd thing is that iCalender Files from Outlook for XP are not compatibel with Outlook 2000 ;-).
The new Format iCal 1.5 is using can also not be read by Outlook because of the Time zone info.
I've made a script that does a quick and dirty strip of that code and then it works.
It would be really great if apple would make a iCal to and from Exchange Calendars syncing but at the moment there is AFAIK still no solution.
It could be that you could use Subscribe in combination with the OWA though, but I did not get that to work.

Originally posted by xommen
Web Access should be on and you should use Exchange higher then 5.5 (i think).
It should work with exchange 2000 and 2003 en OWA on.
HTH

That'll be my problem then. It's 5.5 here :(

Back