Registered
Check your Software Update. :D

Product Requirements:

Mac OS X 10.2.5 or higher
iCal 1.5.1
.Mac membership for Mac to Mac synchronization
Palm Desktop 4.0 for Palm synchronization

What's new in this version:
Support for more Symbian OS smart phones and the iPod mini, as well as stability improvements.

Product Description:
Now you can keep your calendar and contact information synchronized up to the minute between your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone, iPod, Palm OS device or multiple Macs. The secret? iSync, the cutting-edge synchronization software from Apple.

With iSync, you can:

Have your contact and calendar information synced to your mobile phone.
Keep your Address Book and calendar information in sync on your Mac at home and your Mac at work, no matter which one you updated last.

Make sure you never miss another appointment or event, using your iPod's built-in contact and calendar capabilities to stay on schedule - all while you listen to your favorite music.

Take advantage of Palm integration to take your personal information on the road, make changes on either your Mac or Palm OS device (or both), and sync them together at the end of the day.

Get the benefit of iSync's intelligent synchronization capability, with field-level conflict resolution for accurate syncing all the time - on all your synced devices.

Have one application sync all your devices, instead of using multiple syncing solutions for the different devices.
iSync compatible devices:

Mobile phones:
Sony Ericsson T610 (GSM)
Sony Ericsson T68i (GSM)
Sony Ericsson P800 (GSM)
Sony Ericsson T608 (CDMA)
Ericsson R520 (GSM)
Ericsson T39m (GSM)
Ericsson T39c (GSM)
Ericsson T68 (GSM)
Motorola T720 (CDMA)
Motorola T720 (GSM)
Motorola v60i (CDMA)
Motorola v60i (GSM)
Motorola v60i (TDMA)
Motorola v66 (GSM)
Motorola v60t (TDMA)
Motorola c331g (GSM)
Motorola c331t (TDMA)
Motorola c333g (GSM)
Siemens S55 (GSM)
Siemens S56 (GSM)
Nokia 3650 (GSM)
Nokia 7650 (GSM)

Other devices:

Any iPod (using version 1.2 or later of iPod software).
Palm OS devices from Palm or Handspring capable of syncing with HotSync 3.0 or later and Palm Desktop 4.0 or later for Mac OS X.
Mac to Mac:

Any PowerBook G4, iBook, iMac, eMac or Power Mac G4 running Mac OS X v.10.2.1 (.Mac membership required).

What about the Nokia 6310i?

This is getting beyond a joke! This is the most popular business mobile phone in the UK & Europe and it's _still_ not supported! :mad:

AAAAGGHGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! :D

Come on, Apple! Throw us a lifeline, here...

bookem said:
That's on the list, amongst others. http://www.apple.com/isync/devices.html

I'm just ordering a SonyEricsson Z600, which is also on the list. :)

Just downloaded iSync and tried adding my mobile to it .. nothing happening.

However, I can connect it to my mac. I have it set up so that Address Book picks up with text messages I receive. Plus, on my iBook and I can take text messages and voice calls...

Well, it would be helpful to know what mobile phone you've got. :) Else we can't help you. iSync 1.4 is working fine with my SE_T610, better than earlier, when I sometimes had to repeat the synching, until my Mac found my phone.

Works fine with my 6600. Is your phone bluetooth-enabled? You have to pair the two up first (it'll show in the sync area), then hit sync.

Arden said:
I believe Octane already stated what kind of phone he has...

As I live and breath! Arden rushing to my defense [he utters as he slumps into his chair]

I'll savour that one.

Don't reply, you'll just spoil the moment ::angel:: :D

Randman said:
Works fine with my 6600. Is your phone bluetooth-enabled? You have to pair the two up first (it'll show in the sync area), then hit sync.

Yep. Like I said earlier, I've got my mobile connected up to mac through Address Book so I send & receive text messages [mainly from mi woman!]

Did you pair the two with bluetooth? I got a prompt from my phone asking for my Mac admin password and vice versa, then I got a few prompts from the phone asking if I would allow the sync, but other than that, it worked perfectly. Even easier than with my Palm since I had to download a conduit for it, then sync through Hot Sync.

Randman said:
Did you pair the two with bluetooth? I got a prompt from my phone asking for my Mac admin password and vice versa, then I got a few prompts from the phone asking if I would allow the sync, but other than that, it worked perfectly. Even easier than with my Palm since I had to download a conduit for it, then sync through Hot Sync.

Assuming that you're talking to me -- yes, all of the above.

When you've done all of this, launch Address Book and then click the little Bluetooth logo in the button bar on the top left.

The integration isn't great. It doesn't resolve numbers to names, which is a shame, but it does know how many characters the phone allows per text message.

Curiously though, when I do connect to the phone and add the security number, my G4 / iBook kills the connection. This happened with Jaguar as well as Panther...

Well, as http://www.apple.com/isync/devices.html quite obviously shows, Apple only supports Nokia's Series 60 based phones at this time. And I don't believe they'll start to support older phones at a later time.

The 6310 does not use SyncML and so isn't as easy to support as Nokia's newer phones.

fryke said:
Well, as http://www.apple.com/isync/devices.html quite obviously shows, Apple only supports Nokia's Series 60 based phones at this time. And I don't believe they'll start to support older phones at a later time.

The 6310 does not use SyncML and so isn't as easy to support as Nokia's newer phones.

Yes it's an old phone, but in the same sense as good model of car. A new, updated version comes out every year or so.

The phone itself -- the one I have -- is a little over 6 months old and is one of the first tri-band mobiles to hit the market.

Not bad for an old phone.

But to say it's difficult to support is a bit off if a shareware outfit can do, why can't Apple?

By the way [and to cross-post -- naughty!] I bought this little piece of shareware...

Sending items from the bluetooth exchange or Address Book doesn't mean that it's paired in the same way to use iSync. The first time I tried it this afternoon, I had to pair the two up as when you're going to browse your phone from the Mac. It allowed the Sync to take then. I tried it a second time and it remembered the connection and it went quicker with a few less steps.

Randman said:
Sending items from the bluetooth exchange or Address Book doesn't mean that it's paired in the same way to use iSync. The first time I tried it this afternoon, I had to pair the two up as when you're going to browse your phone from the Mac. It allowed the Sync to take then. I tried it a second time and it remembered the connection and it went quicker with a few less steps.

That's the only way _to_ pair the phone up with my mac.

OK, let's do it this way. You give me a blow-by-blow account of what you do from start to finish [now, baring in mind Randman has perfected indolence into an art form ;)] and then I can see if there's something I'm doing wrong, 'cause it certainly feels like I've missed something out, here...

Actually I think I'm still working on perfecting indolence, but I appreciate the thoughts. :D
OK. I downloaded the new version of iSync, installed it and all that good stuff. I turned bluetooth (to be called bt from here out) on from my 6600. I don't have bt installed inside my Mac so I plugged in my KeySpan bt module via USB.

Let's see. After that I opened iSync and since the phone wasn't showing in the sync list I hit Apple N (Add New Device). I hit scan and it didn't show up when I did that. So I went into Bluetooth Exchange on the Mac and hit Shift Apple O (Browse Device). Now, here, for some reason, I needed a file on my desktop for the Browse option to work. I've tried it since and discovered just about any type of file on the desktop enables the browse function.
On the browse window, I have my 6600 (and my g/f's phone) so I didn't have to scan. I just clicked on my 6600, hit Enter (for Browse) and I got prompts from the phone to enter my Mac password and vice versa.
So I had a secure connection from the Mac to the phone, so I went back into iSync and a picture of my 6600 (same color and everything) popped up. I clicked on it to configure my preferences and hit the Sync button. Less than a minute later, it was all done.
Now, when I open iSync, I get my pictures of my iPod, my Palm and my phone and it's quite syncable.

Randman said:
Actually I think I'm still working on perfecting indolence, but I appreciate the thoughts. :D

OK. I downloaded the new version of iSync, installed it and all that good stuff. I turned bluetooth (to be called bt from here out) on from my 6600. I don't have bt installed inside my Mac so I plugged in my KeySpan bt module via USB.

Let's see. After that I opened iSync and since the phone wasn't showing in the sync list I hit Apple N (Add New Device). I hit scan and it didn't show up when I did that. So I went into Bluetooth Exchange on the Mac and hit Shift Apple O (Browse Device)...

And that's as far as I get.

I get a message telling me: 'device does not have necessary services' :(

Crap! :mad:

Anyway, thanks for rousing yourself long enough to reply before sinking back into a state of torpor... :D

Back