It is not ended yet. Power Mac G4 1400 is coming later today!

Hope so.

The new iMac kicks ass. Had my reservations at first, but now I really think Apple come up with something that is truly kick ass. And fark! how about that price!

Running it past the girlfriend test (who normally doesn't blink an eye at apple products), the response was "Wow! shit that looks cool - it would fit really nicely on my desk... bet it's gonna to be 2-4 time more expensive than a pc though.... WHAT!!! they start at $1299!!!". I worry for her poor PC sitting on the desk... it's looking nervous :D

But.. i would still like a speed bumped g4-tower :D The above must be true. How could they continue to sell g4-tower's at all competing with the new iMac?

...Apple had better speed bump those G4s, and pronto!

I like the new iMac. It's very nice. In fact, I hate to admit it, but it trounces my G4 tower (only a 450). But I can't use an LCD (for color critical work) so I must have an option. Most production people (still big in the Mac market) need a tower or similar, so please, please, pretty please. Even a DP 1.0 gig would be acceptable if not overly impressive.

If there is a God, please let the 1.4 rumor be true. Now where's my credit card?

Macworld Tokyo is in February. Generally, they use it to announce portable thingies rather than desktops, though.

It's possible Apple could opt to announce via a "media event", however, anytime in between, as they have done before.

I'm majorly disappointed there are no new (or at least speedbumped) towers, too.

If faster towers come out anytime in the next few days, all will be good for Apple.

ddma - where are you getting your info?

Well, I am feeling a bit lonely with this opinion at the moment, but I am sure the new iMac will be as successful, if not more, than it's older brother.

Will it also be a Quicktime stream event the presentation of the new Pro line ??

How late will it be transmitted ??

Yep, that thing is just SOOO cool! I'll try to get one ;)

BTW, mindbend, the iMac has a VGA output! :D

Originally posted by ulrik
Well, I am feeling a bit lonely with this opinion at the moment, ...

That might be because this thread has nothing to do with the iMac :)

Macworld Tokyo, I say. Must. :)

ARGH! ARGH!! ARGH!!!

I just sold my G4 and hope to get G5 or better speed. Guess not! I have to wait till Feb for Tokyo MacWorld Expo. I am sure tower will increase speed to 1.4ghz or G5. Because iMac got g4 800mhz. Therefore Tower and Imac never been that close with speed. For example iMac G3, Tower G4. That mean iMac got G4 sooner that Tower will get G5. Tower alway beyond the speed. So.. Let's wait and see on Feb. GRIN! :mad:

Back