iTunes gaps

Chic0

aka Norman Gah
Hi guys

I'm fairly new to macs and know this problem has probably been discussed before, but is there anyway other way, apart from joining track and ripping as one, to stop itunes putting gaps in between songs?

I mean, I've had an ipod for well over a year now and kind of got used to it when playing music on it. I mean I dont mind it on 'normal' albums but when it comes to playing mix cds it can get quite annoying, so I have to rip as one big track. If you want to play a particualar song on the mix it's not as easy to find becuase of this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but surely it wouldn't be too hard to fix this problem for iTunes? I mean even Windows Media Player can do play songs without inserting gaps in between each one.

diablojota said:
Check the preferences for iTunes. There is a setting in there that may fix this problem.

I've already tried adjusting the Crossfade interval time in preferences but this doesn't help :-(

Are you able to play mix cds ripped as separate tracks with no gaps?

I've turned crossfade playback on and set it to 0 seconds. seems to gap much less than it used to. maybe even none, I have no mix cds to test it

Back