iTunes IPs

paulbawon

Registered
I thought it would be a good thing to start a thread with itunes IP address so that people could connect and share. What does everyone think? would people be up for posting IP's so that people can connect and share their iTunes library?

I'll start my IP is: 62.30.82.153. I've opened port 3689.

all the best

Paul

I just connected and I'm listening to your music. This is cool. I like to add my ip but i'm on a linksys wireless router. how do I find my ip that i would use? Right now i'm on 192.168.1.101 but I know that wont work....

What track are you listening to? It's pretty cool at this end. I'm sitting in rainy old england and knowing that somebody is checking out my music from 100s of miles away. cool.

You need to go into the web interface for your wireless router and find out what IP address it has. You then need to set up port forwarding for port 3689 to your machine and set up your file wall so this port is open.

paul

You can check if someone is connected by going into itunes -> preferences -> sharing. At the bottom it tell you whether your sharing is on and whether you have anyone connected.

P

OK folks there are now 4 of you connected to my iTunes so I'm expecting the latency to get pretty bad as I've only got 256Kbs up stream.

You have been warned!

Someone else please post their IP!!

P

Unfortunally it isn't possible to share music which is stored on the ipod. (which is the only place where all of my mp3s are stored)

Right folks, got to go to bed - the girlfriend is calling....

I'm shutting down. I hope you enjoyed it. Lets keep this thread open and I suggest people post their IPs when they get online so we can share when we want.

I'm pleased to know it works - even if I didn't get to try it!?

all the best

Paul

for thoughs people using a dynamic Ip domains - yes it will work ... you will need to tell your router to forward all reguests on that port to your internal IP .... I run 4 computers off a linksys router . works great...

on the advance tab in the router the is a forwarding - just tell it to forward to your internal ip and what port it uses.

and hit the apply button

acidtuch10

Hey, let's call this thread "A Macintosh Hater Script Kid's Treasure Box", as all kinds of IPs can be found in here which you can attack.

... Listen to what Gia said... ;-)

Get a free dns. Anyone have any suggestions for where we can do that? I had one once, but it expired. How can I you keep it from expiring without having to login all the time.

egad! you mean people can get my ip?! wow, it's logged every time i visit a web site? what?! it's readily available to all who really care to know it? did i hear you say the admin on this site already has it, too? i should go hide in a cave now.

Click on the Logged Link in any thread and you'll see the IP Address of the poster.

Back