ITunes Naming Options?

It sucks to have to add 01 , 02, 03 etc. to all my file names so that albums play in the right order on my Rio Volt. It would great if Apple would at least give us the option to include things like the track number in the file name - I don't really care about anything other info in the file name cuz i rely on ID3 tags, which the Rio supports beautifully (although it doesn't understand the "ae" character so Tool's Aenima comes up as "nima"), but it DAMN – what a pain in the neck to have to manually enter that stuff in ....

c'mon apple, i mean REALLY - would it be that hard? how was something as simple as file-naming conventions overlooked in iTunes?

I, too, am finding itunes file naming conventions frustrating. I don't want the track number @ the beginning or end of the file name. Yes, it does make a difference. I use my ipod for my car stereo. The only thing I want to see on display is the artist and track name.

Is there anyone else that is frustrated that ITunes doesnt have any way of letting you decide how you want your mp3s named or how it places them on your harddrive? I mean I have been using grip in linux on my other machine for making mp3s for years and I have made a couple albums worth now on my mac but I am not happy what the heck is up with "" in the file names? So did I just miss something or is ITunes really missing a crucial part of an mp3 ripper/encoder.

iTunes is up to version 10 and we still can't tell it how to name the files. I haven't seen the "" but I would like to get rid of the track number.

Back