Jaguar on Lombard: Possible?

jca

Registered
I was just wondering if it is possible to install OS X 10.2 Jaguar on a Powerbook G3 Lombard? And if it is possible, do I want to? (I hate to give up the PCI graphics tweak I made in OS X 10.1.)

Any help/info/advice?

Thanks!

-jca

It works fine... I just installed it.. I have not done the graphics card tweak yet though, but I heard somewhere, that it still works...

Graphics card tweak? Tell me!
I have installed Jaguar on my Lombard, works OK but more speed would be welcome...

Originally posted by SCARECROW
It works fine... I just installed it.. I have not done the graphics card tweak yet though, but I heard somewhere, that it still works...

????????:D

Speak!!

I was just referring to the RagePro graphics card fix that was available for 10.1

I had heard somewhere that you can make it work in 10.2 as well, although, I must admit, I have not tried yet.

Originally posted by SCARECROW

How much RAM is in your powerbook? What size harddisk?

Jan

I think they post this kind of thing at xlr8yourmac.com...a while ago they posted how to do this. I would find the link but I'm tired right now; just use the search function and I'm sure you'l find something. I hear OS 10.2 is less forgiving than 10.1 is with these kinds of hacks i.e. if you mess up you are up the creek whereas with 10.1 you could fix it more easily. Good luck, us G3 users really need that extra speed.

Just to wrap things up from my original post. I installed OS X 10.2 Jaguar on my Lombard, and all went well. Speed/use is acceptable (I don't see a speed decrease from when I had 10.1 installed.)

I installed the Rage Pro hack as listed here:

http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/OSX/osx_ragepro_driver_tip.html

And it works as before. (Dramatically increase in screen redraw, Quicktime, etc.) I recommend anyone with a Lombard and OS X try this hack. It is reversable, and fairly safe. (The only gotcha are screen/resolution changes, which will force a restart.)

Back