Konfabulator is out!!

toast, if u want that an app stays on top u can add this line to .kon file in widget package:

<level>topMost</level>

inside <window> tag.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Originally posted by jeb1138
Seems like the dock and the menubar do a lot better job at some things than some of those widgets do -- like the battery meter, the airport signal strength meter, and the new-mail checker.

Hmm... I like the Battery Meter. I've changed the analog clock to display at 60% and topMost (thanks!) and must say it's the best analog clock for Mac OS X I've ever seen. 25$ sounds a bit steep for just that, so I guess I'll have to find two more to justify that purchase... :)

So you can change their properties! Nice!

Anybody know if there is a way to make the OS X desktop picture semi-transparent (Show through to the background color?) It would make some of these widgets easier to use. Or I guess I could darken the image or something else...

Originally posted by jeb1138
Anybody know if there is a way to make the OS X desktop picture semi-transparent (Show through to the background color?)
[/B]

U can modify Picture Frame.widget.
Set it without border and with the size of your screen.
Then set transparency.

:) :)

I changed some code in the iTunes widget from:

PHP:
<window title="iTunes Remote">
		<name>main_window</name>
		<alignment>left</alignment>
		<visible>10</visible>
		<shadow>0</shadow>
	</window>

to:

PHP:
<window title="iTunes Remote">
		<level>topMost</level>
		<name>main_window</name>
		<alignment>left</alignment>
		<visible>10</visible>
		<shadow>0</shadow>
		<opacity>90</opacity>
	</window>

Now it's really kule.
itunes_widget.jpg

hmm... i wonder if the widget makers get any royalties on the $25 they charge for this program.

I checked "About Blah Widget" for some of the widgets that came with Konfabulator. They were done by Arlo Rose. I don't discount the possibility that shareware widgets will emerge.

Originally posted by andrewxlt1
someone have the konfab reference.pdf .. their site is being hammered and I just can't seem to get it :)

Could anyone who has a copy on hand possibly post or mirror this for a bit? The site is still overwhelmed it seems! I could mirror it if someone could e-mail it to me or something.

3mors - thanx for your very useful point.
wdw_ : I agree, it does look very cool !

Anyway to make the reminder 100% transparent ? ;)

you can also put it in a corner, then you only see a mini white stripe.

Attachment: Right Bottom = reminder

Attachments

• picture 1.jpg
    picture 1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 47
Originally posted by 3mors
toast, if u want that an app stays on top u can add this line to .kon file in widget package:

&lt;level&gt;topMost&lt;/level&gt;

inside &lt;window&gt; tag.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

How?

Edit .kon file inside .widget package.
To navigate inside .widget file u have to use "Show package contents" menu (right button).

Put that line inside &lt;window&gt;&lt;/window&gt; tag.

Originally posted by 3mors
Edit .kon file inside .widget package.
To navigate inside .widget file u have to use "Show package contents" menu (right button).

Put that line inside &lt;window&gt;&lt;/window&gt; tag.

Ok thanks sorry but I meant, how do I edit it? With what app? I'm really confused.

Back