Lurkers - Come On Out!

TommyWillB

Registered
Okay... So after being here for almost 3 years, but only managing an average of 1.29 posts/day I go to thinking...

There must be people who've been here just as long (longer?) who have an even lower post average.

So the question I have for these lurkers is, what keeps you from posting more often?

In my case I think the answer is that I "dissapear" for months at a time just because work gets too busy. But when I return I'm relatively active.

I keep forgetting my passwords and screen names... and then tried protesting the changes of theme colors.

.07 posts per day

i visit daily
May 2001 = 345 posts 0.3ish posts a day

i post on stuff i find interesting or things i can help with - its usually apathy that makes me not post as often as i visit

May 2003, and ive got 0.14 posts a day. I think I signed up and forgot about it, then came back while procrastinating over A-level study leave, and realised what I was missing. Since then, I visit most days...

I guess I don't post unless I have something really important to say that no one else would or could or if I really need to ask a question I cant find the answer to on my own. There are enough people here to provoke intelligent or not conversations. A lot of the posts seem to be a waste of time to read as people seem to post just to post cause they were reading a discussion without really contributing. thats fine for them if thats what they want to do, go for it. personally, leaving a message, I guess, just like this one, I feel I am just littering on the net. anyway, now and again you will see me post up something somewhere.

In my case, I got stuck without a 'net connection for close to a year and a half. That put my post count down, I'll tell ya. :p

Plus, I don't always post something just to post. ;)

I was called a lurker and in someways I am. But the real reason I started to come here was for troubleshooting help, and the majority still is, but its also good to have a quick look everyday to see if there is any other helpful or interesting post out there.

Cool... I was not sure if anyone would respond to this to or not.

It's nice to see some of the people "spying" on us!

:D

Not sure if I qualify as a long-time lurker, but the business-factor you mentioned is a biggie. When i am not neck deep in freelance design work I am cruising the net and emailing potential clients. Macosx helps me keep my spirits high during those times, hence more posts. :)

I've been at school, and therfore not had time to post. Now I'm working, so I have a lot more free time :rolleyes: Not to say that I will neccesarrily be posting more, though, as I frequently look at a thread and say well, I could answer that question, but someone else could probably do it better :)

Back