Mac Color Problems?

Ravin

Registered
Hey... sorry if this is the wrong section to post this in but I wasnt sure where it should go :(

okay... I have a laptop with Mac X version 10.2.5

my problem is that I cannot see certain "glows" or "shadows" so to speak... i can only see them on my windows desktops or my toshiba laptop...

for instance... my webpage http://www.geocities.com/ravin_nybx ~~>

the text "Enter" should be silver with a blue shadow... and I cannot see that... i just get plain silver text...

but i can see it on my Windows computers...

any idea or help? thanks....

Many div effects are Windows IE only.

If you really want them, take a screenshot in windows, and crop the text and use a picture link :)

and macs use a different gamma setting, which makes the image quality darker by a few shades. I think it's like 1.7 PC to 2.2 mac or something. Cause i don't see it either.

Ravin: I don't think it is a problem with the Mac not displaying colors, I think it is more along the lines of the web browser not interperating something. Quite possibly like Mike said: something that is Windows IE exclusive.
There are two ways you could verify this: 1) Take a screen shot on the PC and view it on the Mac. If it really is a color problem, then it will look like what you see on the Mac when you go to the web page. If it is, like I suspect, an unupported browser function, then you will see it in the screen shot exactly like you do on the PC.
2) You can create a custom color profile with Windows Gamma via the Displays System Pref pane. If, like Urbansory suggested, it is the difference in gamma settings that is causeing the problem, this should fix it.

BTW, I don't see a blue shadow on my iBook either.

Thanks for the help!

Yeah... ya'll are probably right... probably Windows IE exclusive... seeing as no one of us can see it...

thanks again folks :)

Back