mac os 10.4.11 server problem please help

marieks

Registered
We are a small printing company with a 10.4.11 server and some G5 mac running the same system software. Everything has been running fine for the past couple of years.
We did an update on the server and on the machines monday november 3, 2008 and we used to always open up files that we did in quarkxpress, indesign or acrobat reader make a quick change and save it. But now, when we open the file and make the change the QXP temporary files shows up and will not go away even after restarting the machine. It will also not deleted some .pdf files (we can copy, move, rename but when we try to throw them in the trash it says file is in use and cannot be deleted) it is also doing Indesign files too - this just started Monday. Even turning the machine off at night and coming back in the next day the files are still there and can't be deleted off the server.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Last edited:
QXP286766.qxp
P.S. these are the kind of files that quark is leaving behind (after you open it and make a change) - it never used to do that before we did the update on november 3, 2008.

Any help would be appreciated.

we also have some pdf files that were created about 3 days ago (when this started happening) they will let us copy then delete the copies, rename, but still will not let up delete the original (keeps saying it is in use on the server)
any help would be greatly appreciated

Please do *NOT* double-create threads. You've double-posted not only your thread but all the follow-up posts. Very bad! Also: Use the EDIT-function instead of adding posts to the thread. It's common courtesy. Thank you.

I sincerely apologize - i did not know I could edit my thread and I wasn't too sure which one to post it in.

Again, I apologize I was just trying to find an answer to my question.

P.S. The tech people could not answer my question so they sent it back to the forums - this is not a repeat question - this is what they wrote:
We apologize for not being able to resolve the issue you asked of us. It is the absolute worst case scenario for us to do this. In our review of why this happens, it generally is related to either the particular issue being addressed or frequently, incomplete or incorrect information provided. We hope by moving your request to the public forums that you will be able to get a solution without leaving you empty handed.

Last edited:
Back