mac os desktop 9 folder

ERICBRIAN2002

Registered
I am trying to change the desktop os 9 folder but i cant any 1 know y???? I am trying to change it to a hd like icon so that its like i have 2 hds on my desktop.

Well, for some unknown reason, OS 9 Desktop Folder is hidden in OS X. I don't know how to view hidden files in the Finder, but I managed to do what you wanted like this:
1) Open BBEdit and choose the option [File/Open hidden].
2) In this way you'll be able to see the hidden files. Select the Desktop Folder of OS 9 (located in /) and clic [Add to favorites].
3) Go to the OS X Favorites Folder and move the Alias that was created to your OS X desktop.
4) Now select the Icon you want to use and press COMMAND+I to show the Info Window.
5) Copy the Icon.
6) Select the OS 9 desktop folder alias icon and paste the new Icon.
7) That's all.

Huh? What are you talking about it being hidden? It's on the desktop in the finder of X. It's labeled "Desktop (Mac OS 9)". What he wants is to paste an icon to this folder to make it appear as another hard drive. If you get info on the folder you cannot just paste an icon on to it. I don't know why. Nor how to do it either.

That may be the case with the original Desktop shortcut. However I deleted mine by accident some time ago, and have often wondered how to get it back, I followed these instructions and added the Disk icon for good measure.

Maybe you should delete your current shortcut and create one using this method. You will get your desired result

Thanks

Back