Mac OS X Icons

Veljo

Mac Enthusiast
I don't currently own Mac OS X, (man I envy every1 here!) but I was wondering if somebody could do me a favour. I'm using Windows XP (noooooooooo! hey, i own a mac lc575 with mac os 7.1, lol!!) and i was wondering if somebody could import every single format of every icon they can find on their computer running os x and save them as .psd format (photoshop format). that way i can turn them into windows xp icons and apply a theme that looks like mac os x.

don't know what i mean? explained more plainly:
ok. say there's a plain folder icon. i'm not sure of apple's formats, but i guess there's 128 x 128, 72 x 72, 48 x 48, 32 x 32 and 16 x 16. Now if somebody could import these into some sort of icon program, save each format as a psd (eg. folder128.psd, folder72.psd) and send them to me i would be so thankful it wouldnt be funny!

GO APPLE! GO MAC!

The Mac OS X theme for XP doesn't change the icons? You might want to ask ~Neyo~ on this board. He has his XP box looking very much like OS X.

Hey!! There´s no need to do all that work. There´s a program called IconPackager for Windows that changes all the icons in your system in a snap!
Download it form www.stardock.net
Then, there are icon packages which are like themes of icons. You just have to search the site www.wincustomize.com for a mac os x icon package. There is one; I have downloaded it for my PC.
But be careful. Check that IconPackager has a version for Windows XP (not previous versions) because it could damage your XP new pretty icons.

Thanks. i'll have a look now. you know, this website has got fantastic people. all helpful and friendly. everybody should be proud of themselves...

thanks. i hope i find what i want at wincustomize.com!

I asked this earlier in a post in the Non-Technical Thoughts area... NeYO never replied to my message :( so I went and got WindowBlinds & Icon Packager, to only find out that not all the icons in the Icon Packages are truely OS X icons. Tell me which package you got yours from Neyo...

Oooh! ... Sorry guys, i never See this Topic!

Well, Icons.... there are packs availiable!
Urrr...
There's Some here ... maybe! Aqua-Soft Shud have some too, but i belive they are updating the site design, and down a while!

Lemmie Find the link, i hope they are Still Cool ...

1 sec!

http://www.dubfilter.com/themes/icons/icons.html

http://dazzla.netjunk.org/Icons/Converts.htm

Damn! i had some more, i dunno where they are ... i will try and find some more!

hehe, here's my XP Desktop! ;)

NeYo

latest.jpg

<edit>

...Another ...

latest2.jpg

Oh! LOL! ... Its a Skin, for an app called QCD! ... and i just Reshacked the icons, 2 iTunes, and the text String, so it ses iTunes instead of QCD etc! ;)

Looks Pretty Tight huh?!

I can hook u up wen that Aqua-Soft Site comes back online! ;)

NeYo

Damn thats freaky! Why dont you just go get a mac dude? I like what youve done to you pc though :cool: Now I think I will have too do this to my PC at work. What apps did you use to do that and what skin?

Hey ~~NeYo~~, me and my friends are interested in how you Windows XP to look like that. Could you send us the stuff? And can you send me all the OS X icons you have and that background pic? Thanks.

You should write a column on how you did that. Every step of the way. Write, so MANY MANY more can make their WinXP look like OS X. And maybe someday that'll put an end to all rumours that Apple will release Mac OS X for X86.

:)

There were themes for XP to look like OS X, but after Apple threatned to sue ThemeXP they removed it...

Back