Mac OS X on Palm III

Nothing to say but... nice fake ..:)

have you noticed how the buttons and scrollers in the window are GRAY and the rest of the gui is blue?? :)

oh and he forgot to put window and help in the top menu....:)

he he ... next time... take a look at perspective too (talking about the FAKE pictures)....

And ...a 34 MEG Palm??? where did he get it?

i think that is KSV's little fakie project... if you go into Herve's B&G (the thread) and look back a bit, you'll see him talk about it

is this available in mpeg, mov, or avi format anywhere? im not using QT6... and I'm not going to until it actually released.

Originally posted by BlingBling 3k12
i think that is KSV's little fakie project... if you go into Herve's B&G (the thread) and look back a bit, you'll see him talk about it

...definitely. I saw the pictures he posted with the HD on the bask and all. He tried to convinced some people on spymac, and they fell for it (sort of).

Very funny though...:D

If that is a fake it is a good one.

How did they manage to get the screen to change with the reflection of the light?
How did they get the drop down menus to work with the stylus?

I'm not doubting that there was a fake going around. And I still don't know if this is a fake or not. But if it is real, how was it done? If it is not real, how was it done so realistically? Would that not be a lot of frames to fake to make it look that real?

Thanks.:)
SA

Here's how I would have faked it. Maybe it's what the author did too:

Use a video camera to film my mac starting up and perform a few actions.

Export the movie to my Palm using gMovie or something similar.

Tape a hard drive to the back of my Palm.

Play the movie and move the stylus over the meaningful areas after bootup.

Voila.

It's not too hard to see the pixelation from the compressed-for-Palm movie, and you can isolate it from possible MPEG4 compression pixelation because the blocks are at right angles to the Palm, not the MPEG4 movie.

As if that's not enough, there's the marketing aspect: Who would buy a PDA that takes as long to boot up as a real computer?

Great video though!

-Rob

As if that's not enough, there's the marketing aspect: Who would buy a PDA that takes as long to boot up as a real computer?

I would if it ran a version of OSX.

He,he,he...
SA;)

Originally posted by buc99
If that is a fake it is a good one.

How did they manage to get the screen to change with the reflection of the light?
How did they get the drop down menus to work with the stylus?

I'm not doubting that there was a fake going around. And I still don't know if this is a fake or not. But if it is real, how was it done? If it is not real, how was it done so realistically? Would that not be a lot of frames to fake to make it look that real?

Thanks.:)
SA

Adobe After Effects and some careful rotoscoping.

Back