Mac OS X verbose mode?

Vlaves

Registered
Hi there,

I read on some sites about a verbose bootup mode in Mac OS X, so when Mac OS X Boots up you will be able to se all the Messages the System prints on the screen. I would like to have the verbose bootup mode permanently.

Can you help me about that.

Thanks

Vlaves

I'm thinking the only way this can be done is through an open firmware command of some kind (if at all) Me not knowing a thing about open firmware except reseting the NVRAM, your best bet would be to find a open firmware junkie to help you out. So in theroy... (someone correct me if I am wrong) The only way to do this would be through some sort of command that the open firmware would throw in at starup. Sorry if I am being repetative, I think I am trying to convince myself of this also. :confused:

Type this in the terminal:

sudo nvram boot-args="-v"

You will lose this the next time you update the OS or reset the PRAM.

Originally posted by pianophile
Type this in the terminal:

sudo nvram boot-args="-v"

You will lose this the next time you update the OS or reset the PRAM.

That's very nice, but what do you type to set it back to "normal" - nonverbose booting? I always wondered about this.

Originally posted by chemistry_geek

That's very nice, but what do you type to set it back to "normal" - nonverbose booting? I always wondered about this.

sudo nvram boot-args=""

Also, I believe if you hold 'V' when the startup chime sounds, and keep holding it, it will boot in verbose. I know there is a key combo, cause I did it, but I am not 100% sure it's V

Originally posted by Hypernate
Also, I believe if you hold 'V' when the startup chime sounds, and keep holding it, it will boot in verbose. I know there is a key combo, cause I did it, but I am not 100% sure it's V

i think is command-V. of course that s one time only.

Back